Wednesday 27 April 2011

Endless debris and tough decisions

Here at Phresh & Phruity things have taken a turn for the worst...

Im beginning to believe that I have a mild form of the desirable obsessive compulsive disorder. I suppose it could be worse, I could be a Kleptomaniac and steal all the things that I 'need'. There is way to treat compulsive hoarding apparently, I don't know what's involved but Im positive the treatment works... On the other hand, one mans trash is another mans treasure, right?

A week ago there was a near complete Evolution II being towed home to keep for parts. We thought we would take the front bumper off for towing and blending with other 'boy racer' vehicles in the Hutt Valley...


On arrival we found each wheel was only supported by two wheel nuts, possibly a lightweight racing modification? At least I didn't scratch the chrome spinners when one of the front brakes stopped working while coasting down a large hill.

A few nights ago we decided to take off a few parts... Nothing major, just one or two small things.













Things escalated, egos grew and bets were made on the expected time of motor extraction.. It became a science project with findings listed on the white board and bolts scattered over the floor.

The front cut was donated to a recently stacked Evolution I and the seats bolted straight onto a set of toyota rails. I guess right now you're wondering what Im going to do with all these spare parts? Well I have no idea... If you are in the market for early Evolution parts now would be the time to send me an email!

What I know for sure is, the gearbox is going to make its way into the III and you can never have too many spare transfer cases. The wheels are going to have a birthday, receive some smaller profile tires and sit nicely on the III too. The Evolution II was sitting on some nice shortened shocks with aftermarket lowering springs so i'll keep them too.

Since last post, I have made no progress on the III, created a mess which I don't have time to clean up and over analysed almost everything in my life.. Winning!

Until next time, do you like Pumpkin Soup?

No comments:

Post a Comment