Thursday 30 June 2011

9 Min of Win

If you didn't already know I'm a huge fan of the classic jJap cars, something about their square bodies and the way they look with a little low and a nice set of period correct wheels just does it for me.
I can't tell you how sick I am of seeing classic Japanese cars ruined in NZ by Dumpy's, Rotors and giant F*c#ing chromes with the worst offset you have ever seen. Thankfully there are a select few doing it right the scene seems to be making it's way towards being done abit better more frequently.

So anyway, last night while browsing through the zillions of videos our world wide web is tangled with I came across this video which basically sums up everything I love about Japanese cars, more precisely its older ones.

This clip is about 9 minutes of pure winning in my books, it features everything from a Mark ii Wagon (my dream car) being thrown around the track sideways along with a 240z, an EF Civic race featuring a safety car that seems to have gotten bored and joined in sirens and all, a drag race between two amazing examples of a Hakosuka and a 240z, I would probably lose a testicle to own either of them. Plus a tubbed AE86? an 80's Hiace van and a truckload more footage of Drool worthy 240z's and Hachi's.



One day (fingers crossed) the phresh n phruity crew will make it to Japan , although im not sure any of us will make it through customs as we'll be frothing at the mouth with excitement and they will probably think we're diseased. But if we do I'm sure I'm never going to want to leave.

An update on the Civic and Cressida progress coming soon....

and Co...

No comments:

Post a Comment